I am truly passionate about helping organizations, first and foremost – in hiring the right people – and secondly; giving those people the best opportunities to succeed. This means orientating them to the business itself and then taking it up to the next level to ensure they are integrated successfully by understanding their role within the company and how it connects to others and understanding more completely how each person has a part to play in the overall success of the business itself.
I also offer assistance with communications through development of employee handbooks; policy and procedure development and in managing for performance improvement and managing change.
Projects I have successfully worked on include, but are not limted to:
- developed comprehensive orientation program (one of which included on-site safety for a large pulp & paper mill)
- developing and faciliating a large ‘safety culture’ project for Alcan Primary Metals (an enormous plant-wide change management project)
- formed part of a change management team to ensure appropriate communication and appropriate sharing of information to those impacted
- development of interview skills workshops
- developed job specific interview tools for various roles in the banking/insurance industry
- developed testing and evaluation tools
- management coaching for performance
- led train the trainer workshops to implement orientation packages
- held leadership role in managing change through effective communcation and conflict mediation.
I am a contributing author in a McGraw-Hill textbook on creative orientation and onboarding programs. I am an active member of BC Human Resources Management Association and sat for 4 years on the Central Interior Advisory Council and held a portfolios in New Membership – Communications – and Co-Chair of the Book Club. I also volunteer countless hours in assisting new practitioners; mentoring students at Thompson Rivers University around cover letter & resume writing; providing mock interviews and follow up feedback; co-facilitating in human resources coursework at Thompson River’s University and working with students from Royal Roads University in surveys for the industry.
I have been in the human resources profession since 2000 and have provided services for a number of industries and organizations including: federal government; a crown corporation; manufacturing; pulp & paper; financial and banking and small privately owned business.
Along with years of hand’s on experience, I have acquired:
- CHRP designation
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Certificate in Adult Continuing Education
- Provincial Instructor’s Diploma
- Certfied Development Dimensions International Facilitator